Friday, January 6, 2012

New Ham Shack

Last weekend I moved my ham shelf to a new home in my old office area that was converted into my fathers sitting area when he moved in with us 3 years ago.  Since his passing we decided to make the area my office again and below is what I have done.  The shack is complete with a sleeping area shower and bathroom the only thing missing is a fridge and microwave and I would not have to leave the shack. I think its best if the YL sees me at meal time at least :-)
I still have some organizing to do and some cable clean up but the shack is up and operational
Below is a list of some of the new stuff I have added to get this station up and running
3 - 135 foot runs of CPX1318FX Black Non-Contaminating Ultra-Violet Resistant Direct Burial Coax from Cable X-Perts (This is some nice stuff) = to LMR400
Heil GM-4 Microphone - Sure is a dandy 2 elements HC-4 and HC-5 to match my Heil Headset
MFJ 258b - This tool is a must I plan to do a post dedicated to this in the near future
A Bose bookshelf speaker stolen from my garage stereo system ... What a difference that makes to listening as opposed to the stock speaker in the TS 2000

Peace
Kelly
The shack
Another view

And looking from the sleeping area



No comments:

Post a Comment