Sunday, May 13, 2012

Morse Code and Vibroplex Iambic Standard

A few days ago some of the folks on .52 here in Phoenix were talking about code and one of the guys started to send some code over. I made the statement that I could never do code and that my brain was way too slow for that. After a round table about it for a while and one of the guys showing me some of the easy letters and how it can come together rather quickly I started thinking. So I asked some of the more experienced code guys what they would recommend and most had either a Bencher or a Vibroplex iambic keyer. I had no idea the difference between a bug, straight key or an iambic, so after many questions later and some research on the net I know know that the iambic is the way to go for me. Now one ham was very adamant about the Vibroplex and the quality of these keys so I took a look at the keys and the company and made the decision that this was the route I was going to go. So on Friday I stopped by HRO and picked up a Vibroplex Iambic Standard and a premade cable. Connecting it was fairly easy but I had to go though the 590 manual to figure out some of the settings but I think I have a handle on that now. Now its off to learn code as of today I can sent K7 and I get lost on the rest of my call ... learning this is going to be a challenge and that's what its about

Peace
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment